Dolphin, Penguin & Sea Lion Adventure Cruise
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Shoalwater, WA
- Product code: DPSL
Experience a 90 minute wildlife cruise through the ruggedly spectacular Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. Wild dolphins are the star attraction! You may see mothers with new born calves, learn how dolphins use stingrays to catch octopus or see them spectacularly leaping from the wake of our boat.
After enjoying some quality dolphin time, we return through the wildlife sanctuary zone to visit the sea lions at Seal Island and make the most of any other wildlife viewing opportunities. Our adventure boat is ideal for getting up close to the islands where we will be spotting pelicans, ospreys, cormorants, terns and more. The cruise concludes on Penguin Island to see the penguin feeding and then enjoy some island time before returning on the ferry at your leisure.
- The exhilarating ride on our adventure boat! A 12 metre RHIB designed to provide a more direct connection between our passengers and the natural environment
- Listening to the dolphins amazing clicks and whistles through our underwater microphone
- Seeing rare Australian sea lions & and one of the largest pelican rookeries in WA
- Visiting 'Aladdin’s Cave’ to view the fossilized remnants of ancient tuart forests
- Live commentary from our friendly guides who will let you know exactly what the wildlife is up to!
- Exploring the nature trails and coastal look outs of Penguin Island. Look out for wild penguins, king skinks and hundreds of nesting sea birds on this unique island nature reserve
- Swimming, snorkeling or just relax on beautiful white sand beaches
- 90 minute adventure cruise
- Return ferry transfers to Penguin Island
- Penguin feeding by the Penguin Island rangers at 10.30am, 12.30pm or 2.30pm
- Free time to swim, snorkel (bring your own equipment or purchase it at the gift shop before departing), picnic or explore the Island
- Our wild dolphin guarantee- if we don’t find dolphins on your cruise, you come again for free!
CostsAdults $85, Concession (seniors & students) $75, Child (3- 12 years) $60
Due to the open nature of the boat this cruise is not suitable for Infants under 3 years of age. Our Penguin & Sea Lion glass bottom boat cruise is a more suitable option for families with infants.
To join this tour you must sign our waiver of liability prior to your tour departing. A link to Smartwaiver will be sent in your confirmation email. Please ensure all passengers sign this form (under 16 years must be completed as a minor and signed by a guardian).
Departure Times & Bookings
Dolphin, Penguin & Sea Lion Adventure Cruises operate daily (September 15 to early June)
10:45am- departs Shoalwater. Book online now!
Additional cruises may be scheduled for 8.45am (departing Shoalwater), 12.45pm (departing Penguin Island) or 3pm (departing Penguin Island) on weekends and school holidays as required. To check availability, select your desired date on the booking form and then press the drop down arrow under 'Choose a Time'. Available cruise times will be displayed.
For cruises departing Penguin Island, please allow enough time to catch the ferry to the island prior (this is included in the price of your ticket). For example, if you select the 12.45pm Dolphin, Penguin & Sea Lion Adventure Cruise, you will be required to select the 9am, 10am, 11am or 12pm ferry on our online booking form. For cruises departing Shoalwater, please select 'No ferry required (my cruise departs from the mainland)'.
Online bookings close 2 hours before departure, if you have not made a booking and wish to join today's departure please contact reservations on 08 9591 1333 as there may still be seats available.
If you have a group of 10 or more, please use our Groups Enquiry Form and our friendly reservations team will respond with a proposed itinerary and quote within 48 hours.